Returns: Shopping online
The Terms and Conditions set out in this Returns Policy apply to all goods purchased from Dokter and Misses in South Africa, whether you buy through our website at www.dokterandmisses.com or over the phone. This Returns Policy complies with the Consumer Protection Act 2008.
Your right to cancel
When you place an order for a Standard Product that is in stock through DAM Online Shop, over the phone or personally in our showroom, you can cancel your order at any time before the goods are despatched to you and we will provide a full refund of the price of the goods and any delivery and other charges which you have incurred.
When you place an order for a Standard Product that is made to order through DAM Online Shop, over the phone or personally in our showroom, you cannot cancel your order once the deposit has been paid. Deposits for Standard Products that are made to order are non-refundable.
When you place an order for a Custom Product through DAM Online Shop, over the phone or personally in our showroom, you cannot cancel your order once the deposit has been paid. A deposit for a Custom Product is non-refundable.
Standard Product – in stock: Following payment for the goods, you can cancel your order within 30 days after the day on which you receive the goods by notifying us. This means that if you change your mind about the goods, or for any other reason you decide you do not want to keep the goods, you can notify us of your decision to cancel the order, and then return the goods to us for a refund. If your order comprises more than one item which are delivered on separate days, or one product which is delivered in instalments on separate days, you may cancel your order in respect of all instalments and any or all of the goods up to the end of the day which is 30 days after the day on which you received the last instalment of the goods or the last of the separate goods ordered.
Returning your goods
If you would like to return the goods yourself, you can take them to the DAM showroom. You will need to take all of the goods you are returning, together with a copy of your Order Acknowledgement email, delivery receipt and the payment card with which you paid for the goods.
To arrange collection of the unwanted goods please contact DAM Online Shop by contacting us or alternatively you can speak to a DAM salesperson on 011 403 1024. Please have your order number and delivery receipt available. We will then arrange for your unwanted goods to be collected by a DAM representative.
You agree to return the goods in full, in a resalable condition and DAM also asks that you return the packaging with the goods where possible. You are responsible for the cost of returning the goods, unless the goods are faulty or not as described, in which case we will refund any reasonable costs you incur when returning the item to us.
If you decide to return goods to us after you have started to assemble them then you should disassemble them to the extent necessary to allow them to be properly returned. However, if disassembly is reasonably likely to cause damage to an item please leave it assembled and let us know by contacting us or alternatively you can speak to a DAM salesperson on 011 403 1024.
Taking reasonable care of the goods
You agree to take reasonable care of the goods from the time that they are delivered to you until the time that they are returned.
Conditions of collection
Collection of the goods will only take place from the delivery address to which they were delivered and will be subject to the following conditions:
• You agree to provide DAM with as much detail as possible of relevant features of the delivery address (if applicable, which floor the items are to be collected from, whether there are any narrow doors, etc) in order to help our representative prepare for the collection.
• You agree to ensure that there is suitable access to the chosen collection location.
• If our representative reasonably considers that collection from the room of your choice is likely to cause damage to the goods or to your property, they will inform you and record this concern on the collection document. You may instruct our representative to collect the goods in spite of such concern, but we will not be liable for any damage caused to your property or to the goods as a consequence of us attempting collection on your instructions (provided that reasonable care is taken when collecting the goods).
• You agree to give our representative all goods which are being returned, including all component parts of such goods and all related items or accessories (and if possible the original packaging) which are included in the price of the goods being returned.
• A collection document must be signed by you to confirm that the collection has taken place. The collection document will be provided by the representative who comes to collect your goods.
• If you are not personally available to accept delivery of the goods you may appoint a representative to do so on your behalf. The representative must be an adult capable of supervising collection on your behalf, and you have agreed that we will be entitled to rely on the representative's instructions as if they were your own.
Refunding your money
We will refund the price you paid for the goods and credit the refund you are due to the credit, debit or gift card that you made payment with. However, please note that we are permitted by law to reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which goes beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
We will refund any delivery costs you have paid, but only if goods are defective.
We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible and in any event within the deadlines indicated below:
• if you have received the goods and we have not agreed to collect them from you, 30 days after the day on which we receive the goods back from you (or if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the goods back to us), or
• if you have not received the goods or you have received them and we have agreed to collect them from you, 30 days after you inform us of your decision to cancel the order.